Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Training and Development

Training and Development; Ch. 10; page 322

Employee training and development is something I do every day for my job. I have trained the majority of the staff where I work and continue to develop their customer service skills and knowledge of our programs offered. Training a new hire normally doesn't take more than a couple hours. Most of the training is hands on where I perform a task with the trainee watching me and then I have them do it. After they complete their task, I tell them what they forgot to do. Development is usually done over a long period of time. The new hire will usually start at one position and based on their performance during the first 3 months of their employment we give them more responsibilities and develop what they have been trained on so for and add to it based on their new responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment