Friday, June 26, 2009

Quality-Improvement Teams

Quality-Improvement Teams; Ch. 8; page 241

I am part of a quality-improvement team for my job as a manager. I am always supervising employees and their delivery of customer service. I have to talk to some employees after listening to how they helped a customer. If I feel they didn't help answer the customer's questions well enough, I will tell them the correct answers/way to help the customer. It usually is a result of the employee not knowing the correct answer and I just need to inform the employee the correct information. However, sometimes I will hear the employee give the customer wrong information and I will intervene. Another responsibility is improving customer satisfaction by price reductions and sales. I maintain or merchandise and inventory. In this aspect, I allow discounts to customers and place orders for customers if we don't have inventory on hand. I am constantly recommending to the general manager when to have sales for our merchandise.

2 comments:

  1. i beleive that quality improvement within teams is impartive to organzations.I work with kids, so the parents are always very concerned and always want to know what excatly is going on.I beleive that i have all the answers when they ask me. Sometimes i listen to my co-workers and then tend to brush my the questions that was ask.. By doing that their is a major liabilty for us. The satifaction of the parents are the most important thing for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it is not my main role as an officer of my fraternity, I also serve as a quality improvement kind of guy as well. I have to make sure that all officers and their respected committees are doing what they are suppose to do and they are working with full effort and that they are efficient so that they would come up with good results. I think quality improvement teams or officers are important as they tend to give team members an outside opinion which can help.

    ReplyDelete